Identification of accumulations
Cyber exposure – the comprehensive risk analysis of a transnational cyber portfolio
- Do you know how many % of the companies in your portfolio use Telekom or 1&1 for their e-mail communication?
- Do you know how many % of Deutsche Telekom's companies have their e-mail servers in the computer centre in Hamburg and how many in Düsseldorf?
- Do you know in which network areas the individual servers are located?
If you answer "no" to any of the questions, you are missing valuable information for the exact identification of the accumulation risk "failure of an IT provider".
- Can you tell how many % of the companies in your portfolio could potentially be affected by an attack like WannaCry at the moment?
- Do you know how many companies were affected in the past or are currently affected by a data breach?
If you answer "no" to any of the questions, you are missing valuable information for the exact identification of the accumulation risk "failure of IT & malicious software".
With the help of cysmo® you define a risk parameter and can then search your portfolio for a current vulnerability at the touch of a button.
The security gap at Citrix has shown how quickly it can happen. 9 months after the gap became known, it was exploited at the University Hospital of Düsseldorf.
Reason: a backdoor had been installed 9 months prior
Was this noticed before the attack? – No!
Keep track of your portfolio so that you are not surprised by sudden claims.